We supply Silica Gel Breather which is largely in demand in the Transformer Industry because they provide an economical and efficient way of keeping a tab over the level the moisture, entering in the Transformer. Silica Gel Breather is made from the finest quality raw material of Blue Silica Gel to sustain the test of time. They are available in two varieties viz. Clear View Type and Aluminum Type. The Silica Gel Breather, we provide, is up to the capacity of 2000kva. Our quality speaks for itself it has brought our name among some of the finest Silica Gel Breather Supplier and Exporters.
|Clear View Type||Aluminum Body|
|Size. (Kg.)||Size. (Kg.)|
- Body and Oil Cup is maid out of Transparent yet Unbreakable UV Proof Polycarbonate Plastic.
- Top & Bottom are maid of CRCA Sheet & joined with body by Specially Designed Rubber Gaskets & Studs.
- U V Proof Powder Coated External Finish. (With seven tank not Phosphate Cleaning Process.)
- Silica Gel Removing & Refilling method is Specially Designed to avoid Skilled Labor Requirement at site and consequent air Leakage.
Breathing Process of Transformer :
Breathing is the process where the transformer Breather-In or Breather our the air from its body due to thermal contraction & expansion of oil mass. When the transformer is loaded or unloaded, the oil temperature inside the transformer tank rises or falls accordingly the air pressure inside the tank changes by either breathing in or breathing out the air. This phenomenon is called "Breathing" of the transformer. Now, the air which is being breathed in contains either dust particles and/or humidity that change the dielectric strength of the oil. For proper functioning of transformer, it is absolutely necessary that dielectric strength of transformer oil remains unimpaired. Hence, it is necessary that, the air entering into the transformer is free from moisture & dust particles.
Function of Silica Gel Breather :
The sole function of Silica Gel Breather is to dehydrate (remove moisture) the air & to remove dust particles of the air breathed in by the transformer.
Operation & Working of Silica Gel Breather :
Silica Gel (Air dehydrating) breathers are transparent hollow cylinder tubes which contain chemically pure silicium salt (Silica Gel) with cobalt indicator. This grade of Silica Gel is called as “indicating grade” of Silica Gel.
The indicating grade of Silica Gel, which is filled in the breather, is hard blue crystals, which has considerable absorption power for moisture. Silica Gel absorbs moisture signaling the saturation degree by changing color as follows.
- Deep Blue Silica Gel completely dry
- Light Blue Silica Gel partly humid. (Absorbed water for about 15% of its weight)
- Pink Silica Gel saturated with moisture. (Absorbed water for about 30 - 40% of its weight)
For proper functioning of transformer dehumidification of Silica Gel crystals & removal of dust particles from breathed air is necessary.
Moisture is removed from Silica Gel crystals by heating it inside a ventilated oven at to 150 C, until the color becomes deep blue again.
Dusts particles are filtered by the oil in the oil cup.Pressure value for air passage into the breather are: 0.003 Kg/cm inlet or 0.005 Kg/cm outlet.
Criteria for Selecting Silica Gel Breather :
Keeping in view the above functions of Silica Gel Breather the main criteria for selecting the breather becomes,
To enquire about the desired product(s), just check the box and then click “Enquiry Now” button which is provided below.
- Gel changes color from deep blue to pinkish white as it absorbs moisture. By reheating, the Gel becomes free from moisture & hence transformer always breathe in dry air. Visibility of Gel color is very important to decide when to reheat the Gel.
- Oil in the oil cup allows dust particles of air to settle in the oil. By changing the oil & cleaning the oil cup air becomes free from dust particles. Visibility of oil level & dust particle in the oil cup is very important to decide when to change the oil.
- Transformer should breath from breathing holes (provided in breather) only. If air enters through any other portion of the breather except breathing holes it is called leakage of air.
- Leakage of air will lead to entrance of air with moisture & particles in the transformer, which ultimately may lead to formation of spark, and short circuit in the transformer.